A big thanks to Tiffin-Seneca Public Library, Ohio, who read Rocket Boys/October Sky as their Community Read in April 2002.
- Members of the Rocket Boys group were ___________, ____________, __________, __________, __________, and _________.
- The shaft used for lifting, sorting, and dumping coal was called the _______.
- The writer played the _______in the school band.
- The title of the book Miss Riley gave the writer was __________________.
- ____________ surprised everyone by signing up for the calculus class.
- The kids' hangout in the basement of the Owl's Nest was named the ______.
- The writer met __________, a Democratic Presidential candidate.
- Quentin liked to use the word _________ for anything he liked.
- __________ was the leader of the miners' union.
- __________died in a mining accident that made the writer quit building rockets.
- The baby saved by the writer's father was ___________.
- __________ like to flirt with the writer.
- The writer's first rocket ripped out his mother's _________ fence.
- The rocket boys named their rockets ___________.
- The nickname for the teachers who supported the rocket boys was the Great _____________.
- The writer first bought a/an __________ (color) suit for the National Science Fair.
- The writer used a _______ to get to school on a snow day.
- __________ placed a "No Trespassing" sign at Cape Coalwood.
- Miss Riley died in 1969 from __________ Disease.
- The last rocket fired by the rocket boys went almost ______ miles up.